Wednesday, February 28

The short list

As of right now, I would say the "short list," comprised of teams in the top 20 in both offense and defense, would be:

North Carolina (15/4)
Kansas (10/1)
Texas A&M (12/1)
UCLA (8/1)
Ohio State (10/1)
Florida (7/2)
Memphis (18/1)

Notable omissions are Georgetown (a fast pace lends itself better to a deep tourney run, and their defense is 30th) and Wisconsin, who are without Brian Butch, their best rebounder. They could have someone step up through the first three rounds, but I just don't think it'll happen. And yes, I'm on the Memphis bandwagon even with their cruddy strength of schedule. Also, Joakim Noah better step up his game if Florida wants to have any chance. Any word on what's been going on with him lately? I know Donovan benched him for the majority of the second half of the Vanderbilt game, but I'm still not sure why.

No comments: